As a Healer it is really important to keep my office/healing space clear of negativity, stagnation, fear and other unwanted energies. As Coaches, it’s no secret that our clients share a lot of what is not working in their lives. We are the container that holds the space them them to vent, clear and release what holds them back. Well, where do you think those thoughts and words go? A lot of the times they get stuck in the corners of our offices and healing rooms. This is why spiritually clearing our spaces on a regular basis is so important to keep the energy vibrant and fresh.
During times of epidemics in Europe thyme fumigations were used to rid the area of sickness. Dried Thyme was burned in the streets. Using this same philosophy, one can burn other herbs, also called smudging, to help clean an environment of unwanted energies or enhance an environment by invoking energies that are helpful to an area.
From this Modern Day Shaman, here are a few of my top tips for keeping your office/healing space clear.
- Think prevention: Keep an incense or candle burning when meeting with a client. Smudge your office regularly. Have numerous water elements around your office such as a fountain, water plants and placing a bowl of water with fresh leaves behind the door. The water will absorb negative energy, be sure to change the water daily.
- Clean the floors and walls with flower water. Every week I like to clean my office floors and walls with flower water. Flower water is a sacred water created by Medicine People. The flower water is anointed and can be added to a cloth that is used to wipe down the walls and floors of your office. If you do not have flower water use lemon and sage essential oils with water.
- Dust and wipe down your desk and cabinets. Do not let dust collect in your office. Dust carries germs both physically and spiritually.
- Meditate and Pray. Did you know the more you meditate and pray in an area the greater you raise the vibration. Think about it. Why do sacred sites feel so amazing? People come from all over to pray and meditate they are creating a vortex of healing energy. You can do the same in your space.
- Have crystals around your space. Rose quartz, quartz crystals, fire agate to name a few are excellent for absorbing and deflecting negative energies. They also add positive qualities to your space.
I have been in the healing business a very long time and one of the things my clients have always said is how wonderful my space feels. That is not by chance it is by design.