This past weekend, I facilitated a wise woman circle at my home. I wanted to make a healing flower water elixir that all the women could take home with them and use in the coming weeks. Using flowers elixirs for spiritual cleansing, rejuvenating and healing is an age old practice that dates back to pre-modern indigenous cultures. There is an indigenous understanding, that all parts of nature are aspects of the Divine, and in that, when we use nature as a healing tool, we are inviting a Divine power to be present in our healing ritual. Water is the element of peace, flow, reconciliation and healing on all levels. Whenever we invite water to be present in our healing ritual we can be sure that something is ready to be corrected and healed with love and peace.
I will share one simple ritual of creating a healing flower water elixir and give some examples of how to use the it in our daily life.
- First collect your flowers. Collect your flowers in a sacred manner. Be prayerful and humble when approaching flowers, allow the flowers to choose if they want to be apart of your blend. Make your intentions known to them and feel with your heart if the flower wants to be picked. Always ask for permission from the flower if it is okay to pick them. When choosing flowers from a store, use the same intuitive sense and allow the flowers to choose you.
- Create your water base. In a bowl or jar add one part filtered water and one part vodka. The amount of liquid depends on how much you are making. You can make one cup or one gallon its up to you. Add a crystal or healing gem stone to your container. As you prepare your base be prayerful as you set your intentions for creating the healing water. Infusing magic is all in the intention. You do not have to be a Reiki Master or practitioner to call upon your inner green witch and enchant your potions.
- Next you add your flowers. Before adding your flower or flowers allow the meaning of the flower to come to you. You do not need to look up other peoples meanings. The meanings that come to you in this moment is good enough and more personal. Add your flowers to your container.
- Next you will add some essential oils. Again use your intuition, choose the oils that speak to you. Make the blend your own or if you have invited others, have each person bring an oil or flower to add.
- Stir your mixture with a magical wand, twig or your clean hands.
- Say a final blessing over your elixir and bless it with your hands.
How to use and store your healing waters: I have stored my mixture in the refrigerator and or used it right away. After the flowers soak in the mixture I strain the flowers out and store in a glass jar. The vodka acts as a preservative so it is shelf safe for at least 30 days. This mixture is not for consuming as food but can be used in a spray bottle for a body spray or for one’s hair locks. It can also be added to your bath water or foot bath for spiritual bathing or cleansing your aura.
As a personal spray I have used my blend before meditating, and yoga practice. I have used it before praying for myself and others, it enhances the energy of the ritual. Floral healing waters if a vibrational healing method that evokes the spirit of the plant and its esoteric properties. When working with flower waters we are working with an ancient sacred healing art and so be reverent and respectful at all times.
The picture shown above was from a communal ritual. We gathered as women shared our stories, blessed our flowers and our water, afterward we each took a jar home of our sweet elixir.
Trust your inner guidance to guide you in creating your healing flower waters. In the picture below this floral water was created with dreams and inspirations. Rather than taking the water home, the elixir was gifted back to the earth in gratitude and prayer.
It is important to remember that when we perform rituals that involve water, we are linking with all the water on the planet and helping to heal the misuse, waste and pollution of our water which gives us all life.
Have fun, experiment and invite your ancestor to guide and assist you.
May your water and flower blessing ritual vibrate love and healing to the next 7 generations. And So It Is!