This past new moon was filled with community and love. I reconnected with one of my dearest friends, we welcomed many new energies to emerge in our lives and made vows to be more present in our earth walk.
I love ritual, as most of you know, it is one of my top three ways to move through trauma and live life with more purpose and meaning. However, ritual alone can not heal the wounds of the past. It takes persistent attention to our thoughts, emotions, behaviors and the willingness to do our deep soul work and uncover our hidden treasures.
I continue to remind myself and others that our healing journeys are unique and intimate, they carry all that we need to live a fulfilled and actualized life. We must ask the question: Are we willing leap with faith and claim what is our birth right.
As I was talking with my dear friend she asks, “how”? “How did you and how do you, work on your stuff and truly feel free?” “It is a labor of love for myself”, I told her and “first I had to be willing to face the darkest parts of myself because I know within the roughest stones of my life are the most brilliant diamonds I have ever seen and I want to live a diamond filled life.” I then shared what I do every day to unearth the diamonds in my life.
I share these “mining tools”, with the intent, that those who are ready to live a diamond filled life, but find themselves stuck in the muck, will be inspired to get off their duff, put on their mining hat and go to work.
9 Tools to move beyond my wounds:
- First I have to tune in to my back thoughts. What am I really saying to myself? There are always thoughts behind the thoughts and my job to to really listen to this inner dialogue.
- I then begin to identify my feelings. How do I feel about these back thoughts and what is going on with my emotions. I begin to explore the parts of me and what they are feeling.
- I seek to understand these parts of myself, which means I explore their stories. I get to know these parts of me on an intimate level, and without judgement I notice them. I notice how these parts show up in my life and when and how they may be sabotaging my joy.
- I give these part of myself time and space, in other words I feel my emotions as long as I need to. I retell the story as many times as I need to whomever can hear me. I fully feel my emotions on every level.
- I begin to tap in to my wiser more integrated part of me, she is the part of me that knows all and is my wise counselor. I allow my higher wise counselor inner voice, to bring more love and wisdom to my consciousness and comfort my wounded self.
- I then create a sacred space, invoke Spirit and my healing helping allies to support me in my healing. In other words I create a ritual for healing.
- After the ritual I am ready to start forming a new story that is more truthful and aligned with my true essence. Our true essences knows we live in a non harming world. Regardless of what I see, I focus on returning to this Truth, thus uncovering a more loving version of my story.
- I begin to integrate this new story into my life on EVERY level.
- I repeat steps 1 thru 8 as many times as I need to until I am living my new reality.
The key, I told my dear friend is my commitment. No matter how hard it gets, if I stay the course, I know my new reality of freedom will be better than one of being bound.
What I have just describe are the basic steps I go through to release, renew and ultimately unearth my diamonds. It is not an easy job, sometimes its dirty, dusty and muddy. However, when I am holding my brilliant diamonds in my hands, I know my hard work has paid off.
Are you ready to release and renew? If you are, your diamond filled life is waiting for you too.
Chonteau is going to start leading meditation classes at Pure Soul Yoga. Her schedule can be found on their website. Meditation is one of the first steps she took in being able to access her inner wise counselor and is where her healing journey began. She also has several meditation e-courses that can be found on Soul Care U.